IN THE AREA
Next to a charming little fishing port and its shops, you can:
- on foot or by bicycle, discover the 17km of wild and rocky beaches of Ploemeur (coastal trail opposite the campsite),
- take a boat cruise (Isle of Groix, Belle Isle and the Glénans),
- shell-fishing, angling or sea fishing,
- practice: nautical sports (sailing, kayaking, diving) at the Kerguelen nautical centre, horse riding, golf,
- visit the superb zoo (Pont Scorff),
- go bowling...
Lorient is 6km away, home of the Inter-Celtic Festival (in August). There is a bus stop near the campsite. You can also visit the Eric Tabarly sailing city, with its submarine base.
The Pen Palud campsite is near:
- Port Louis with its citadel and museum of the Indies,
- Carnac and its standing stones,
- La Trinité sur Mer,
- Finistère, to visit Pont Aven famed for its Breton biscuits and its painters, Concarneau...